Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thoughts of the Day

If you haven't already figured this out, I'm the queen of procrastination...so instead of writing either of the two 7-page papers I have due next week, I'm going to share my thoughts on the blogosphere.



1) Who I would want to be if I wasn't me: Kat Von D. (rhyme not intentional)



I'm going to start by saying don't judge me. Even though my parents have often made the point, and I quote: "You can pay to get a tattoo but I will pay a doctor to sew you up after I shave it off your skin," I've still always had the faint idea of getting a tiny tattoo...so I figure that if I wasn't me, why not be someone with over 130 of them. I know that you still think I'm crazy but give her a chance. I happen to think Kat Von D (Katherine Von Drachenberg to be exact) is incredibly gorgeous in a total hardass kind of way. Hah no I'm not a lesbo...just watch LA Ink a few times and you'll agree with me. Besides, there's always been a part of me that's wanted to have the ability to roll out of bed looking super disheveled yet make it look totally intentional. Kat encompasses that ability and the hardass persona but don't be fooled...she absolutely loves what she does and she's the best at it. Sure, people go in to the shop to get erroneous tattoos but some people go in there to get them for very viable reasons...deaths in the family, cancer survivors, etc; she gets to give those people something to look at in awe and rememberance for the rest of their lives. Gah, I wish that kind of job existed in my future. She's my new obsession if you couldn't tell.

2) I wish I was seeing green: Clothing companies reallyyyyy need to start making more things in the color green...not mossy, sage green, I mean kelly green. I have searched every website humanly imaginable and cannot find a single green piece of clothing. Not one. No shirts, no dresses, no skirts, no sweaters...I haven't even found a green bathingsuit for the love of God. What the hell am I supposed to wear on St. Patrick's Day?? Ok, green isn't the easiest color to wear and it's not a color that people wear often but you'd think that at least one store out there would bank on the fact that people really enjoy St. Patricks day...or maybe I'm just spoiled? I've never seen St. Patty's Day outside of Savannah and am happy to say that I'll never have to.

3) What is wrong with me? I have two 7-page papers due on Wednesday and Thursday of next week but I have yet to even think of a TOPIC! Am I the only one that finds everything else under the sun that much more important than grades? I can just feel the stress stockpiling on top of me but as of now, the Real Housewives of Orange County are wayyyy more entertaining. Reality TV is my new best friend.

I had more to say but it's almost 11 and therefore way past my bed time so I have grown old and forgotten...

No comments:

Post a Comment