Global Warming my ass...
I live in Savannah, GA for a reason: the average high here this time of the year is in the mid-to-upper 60's (so says the weather channel) which is still a little chilly but better than the freaking 50 degree weather I've had to deal with these past couple of weeks. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure that this has been the coldest winter we've had since the late 80's? I'm SO sick of the cold. SO SO sick of the cold. No really, you want to know how sick? Sick enough to take all of the cold weather clothes out of my closet and put them in the guest bedroom closet...I can't even look at them anymore. I am praying for a warm spring break and St. Patty's Day (only 36 more days!) and I've never been so happy to have a summer birthday because I KNOW it will be warm enough (117 more days...i'm getting there).
Ugh Mondays...
I was having a horrible case of the Mondays after a decently entertaining weekend. Donnie and Jonathan came down from Statesboro again which meant yet another trip out to Cafe Loco was made. It so happened that Andrew was playing a gig out there which soon topped my list of hilarious events. After a soft-core pornographic photo shoot with the Indian tiki-man in the corner of the room, an insanely drunk woman decided to make her singing debut with Andrew. Not only could she not sing, she had to look up the lyrics for "Hotel California" on her cell phone; she then ended her performance by luring Andrew into a kissy death-trap. It was priceless. But back to my case of the Mondays: I woke up this morning feeling completely stressed, exhausted and unmontivated...until my long-lost best friend FINALLY got the internet!!! For those of you that still don't know, Julia has been gone for 2 weeks but just got internet today so I got to talk to her for the first time. I've never been so happy.
It's almost concert season...
While I wait for SCAD to decide who's coming for the concert in the park, I'm going to line up my summer concert schedule. All I've got so far is the Gov't Mule and Dave Matthews Band concert in Atlanta of Jula 27 but I'm pretty optimistic about my other up-coming options...However, I would greatly appreciate some company for the DMB concert if anyone is interested!
I'm going to try to be more of a girl this summer...
There I go again, thinking ahead to summer...I just can't help it. But, I spent most of last summer in shorts and tank tops because they were easy and most of my days/nights were spent sitting on a dock...not this summer though. I'll be 21 so downtown savannah and tybee are going to squeeze themselves into my nightlife more often so I'm resurrecting the dresses and heels again. Not only am I going to be a girl, I'm going to be a grown up.
Uptons
13 years ago
A working girl, grown up? Boring.
ReplyDelete