I have recently come to the realization that I'm the oldest 20yr old I know...and it's really starting to get to me.
When did I start worrying about being a functioning member of society rather than the token drunkass? Better yet, when did the mere thought of a hangover become enough to make me refuse a drink? Since when did a daily regimen of advil become a necessity due to an ever-aching back? Why can't I stay up past 2am and can't sleep past 10am? Lord knows that back in my prime, I could sleep well past 1pm if I ever went to sleep at all...that's sad..."back in my prime" are 4 words that no 20 year old should ever speak.
I know, I'm not even 21 yet....and I've been told that "everything will turn around on your birthday because alcohol will be accessible...and what 21 yr old doesn't drink too much?" I just don't see it happening since I have already become my 53yr old mother. Don't get me wrong, my mother is a saint...and I someday hope to actually be like her...I just thought I'd be older when it happened. For God's sake, I'm worrying about things like wrinkles and gravity! What happened to the old me? What happened to the me that broke her fingers (yes, tequila, I'm still ignoring you)? The me that could drink all my friends, including the guys, under the table? Where did the flip-cup champion me go? What about the me that cared more about showing skin than looking respectable?...ehhh, I don't miss that me very much. But I do miss the me that only worried about what my weekend would entail...not my future.
I'm making a pact with myself. I'm going to find the old me...it's going to take a while but I'm bringing me back slowly, but surely. If not for my own happiness, then to at least get people off my back. Starting right now, I'm going to reverse my ever-so-boring aging...by the summer, I'll be 20 again. No wait, I'll be 21...cannotttt waittttt
(p.s. sorry for yet another un-funny blog post. I'll fix that sometime in the near future too)
Uptons
13 years ago
is it just me or are we twins? same blogs. alllll the time.
ReplyDeleteI was basically gonna say what the fool above me just said. You two are rediculous. You may even need professional help when it comes to yalls retarded age worries.
ReplyDeleteits ridiculous, jonathan.
ReplyDeleteand last i checked, we only had two similar blog posts...one about gools and one weekend recap?