Saturday, January 30, 2010

Ciao Bella...

I hoped this day would magically not come, but at this very instant (assuming there were no delays) half of my heart is boarding a plane to Italy :(

That might sound a little extreme, but I'm not exaggerating in the slightest. For those of you that don't know, Goolia is spending a whole semester in Italia. I know, I know...I can skype and facebook with her but it's simply just not the same. Since I met gools a year or so ago, We haven't spent more than a maximum of 2 months without seeing each other in person; we have virtually been attached at the hip. She and Sarah both share an equal part of half of me...taking that into account, how am I supposed to survive the next 3.5 months?? Even when we're not in the same city, she has always been just a phone call away...but not anymore :( Who is going to sit on the porch with me till 3am? I miss my stoop kid.

To top it all off...all of my female friends are in Athens and all my guy friends are in Statesboro; with the exception of Ike, Drew and Skoonk. Without them, I'd go crazy in this town. Don't get me wrong, coming home was the best decision I've ever made and I haven't regretted it so far. I'm infinitely happier than I ever was in Athens or Charleston but I don't think I was ever prepared for leaving Goolia and Hannay behind. (Yes, Sarah, I miss you equally but you come home every once in a while...which still isn't enough)

I'm incredibly excited for gools and know she's going to have a great time, I just wish I had a job and could afford a Spring Break trip to Cortona. I guess the point behind this was to show just how much entertainment I'm going to need over the next few months now that Julia's gone...time to go get a webcam and start the countdown till her return.

To Gools: I love you and already miss you :(
To Sarah: COME HOME already! or take me to Nola...either one would work.

1 comment:

  1. I just read this and literally teared up. Thanks Kath, miss you and see you in May!!!

    ReplyDelete