Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What Not to Wear

Warning: Guys, yall will not think this is funny and probably wont understand it anyway. But if you want to continue reading, no worries, theres nothing gross in this post.

As I was watching "What Not to Wear" on TLC today, I had a revelation: I'm going to go to Goodwill and buy some of the most haneous clothing I can find and parade around in them, makeupless, hoping a camera man stops me on the street to ask me about my "style"...hell, I might even avoid a shower for a few days. I'm sure the girls already know where I'm going with this and I'm also sure the guys are completely lost. Well, guys, there is very little I won't do for $5,000 and a trip to New York....so, if I start dressing like a hobo, someone get on the phone and call Stacey and Clinton to tell them I need a new wardrobe. I might just reward you with a present from NYC.

Sigh, If only my plan would work...I care far too much about what I look like and how people perceive me to walk around looking like a slob. I'm the one that showers, does my hair (blowdryer, rollers and all) and makeup everyday, even if i'm just going to sit around a fire or on a dock. I had to talk to myself for 30 minutes before feeling comfortable enough to go to school in sweatpants today. Julia and Sarah will be the first to think this is a lie since 90% of the time they see me, I'm wearing the super sexy outfit combo of sweatpants, cowboy boots and a towel wrap topped off with a BC sweatshirt that is a few sizes too big; but girls, remember, 90% of the time yall see me, we're just having a wine night that may involve anything from video games to stoop talks...love yall, dont care what yall think about my appearance though haha.

Why do I put all that time into my appearance for others, you ask? because I know what I think when I walk past the 250lb woman wearing sweatpants and a sequined strapless top in the middle of January (yes, she exists. I saw her today) and I don't want to cause the same reaction.

Moral of the story: I want $5000 and a shopping trip to New York, my getting-ready regimine has become tedious but I still think more people need to take a second look in the mirror before walking out the door...aaaand I just randomly needed to ramble for some reason. I could get used to having a blog.

1 comment:

  1. Kath...no lie....I was watching what not to wear the other day and I was like, I could so be on this show! I could just wear a bunch of ugly stuff and get hel and meg to nominate me for the show. Did I mention molly is going to nominate me for the Bachelor? Yeah, I'm getting that desperate.

    ReplyDelete