Thursday, March 4, 2010

only the good die young

I miss the days when we were untouchable to death...back when we were children and the only losses we had to deal with were pets and distant relatives...people that weren't so close to us. But since my junior year in high school, it has seemed as if people in my general age range have been plagued by it...death is heartbreaking, breathtaking, terrifying and makes me a speechless, emotional wreck everytime my phone rings.
The only thing that gets me through these situations is something my dad once told me: look at the world as a garden and each living creature is a flower...when you go to the garden to pick flowers to take inside your house, admire and love, do you pick the old rotten ones? No. You pick the brightest, purest, most perfect and beautiful flowers you can find. Well, thats what God has done. It was time for him to pick another perfect flower from the garden; and today, that was Robbie.
Robbie was not a life-long friend of mine, unfortunately, but judging by the short couple of years I've known him, I know why he had so many. He was always so genuine and kind; so sweet and caring. He was literally the gentle giant...so protective and helpful. I could go on and on about all the things he's done for me and what a great guy he was but I'll spare the details and super depressing blog post. Thanks Robbie, for everything you did for me; for being so kind, so protective and most importantly, giving me the chance to know you...I'm going to miss talking to you on campus everyday. Even when I didn't get to talk to you, I saw your truck parked almost always in a faculty spot hahaha give Jennifer, Billy, Mrs. Moore, Mrs. Coe and the Shivers a hug for me...you will be missed<3

1 comment:

  1. kath i love you and i if you arent with me all tmr,all i'm going to do is cry

    ReplyDelete