For anyone else that hasnt figured it out yet, the past month or so has been absolutely miserable...not anymore though! its summer :) I apologize for the emoticon, I'm just really f*ing excited that its summer...my favorite season of the year.
For the past couple of years, I have been convinced that summer of '08 was going to forever be the "best summer of my life," but I think this summer may be a close runner-up...I had to work last night (of course Patrick makes me work my enitre first weekend of summer) which pissed me off because I immediately though "goodbye summer...I've sold my soul my job" but I was proven wrong. Of course everyone went to the Sand Gnats game so I assumed I wouldnt see them since my ID is miserable and the ritual is Baseball then Tubby's...not last night, though. I met up with Kyle, Jordan, Tyler, Kelly, Brad and others at Shuckers and the rest was a blur. But a great one. It was the night I needed to confirm my expectations for this summer.
I just got my first (and sadly, probably last) $300 paycheck from Molly McGuire's. Since servers only make $2.15 an hour, and all of it goes to taxes, I hope I make the tips people keep claiming I'll make. Since Molly's is only my second job, I've never had a solid cashflow over the summer but I've always had a great time...now that I have money, things are going to be that much better.
I love birthdays and the summer is full of them. Juan turns 21 on Wednesday, Pegasus turns 21 on May 11th, MY BIRTHDAY IS IN 36 DAYS!!! Meg's 21st birthday celebration in New York on June 19th. Griffin's birthday is June 22nd and Brad's is June 30th. There aren't many birthdays in July, I don't think but I'm hoping for a Blue Goose repeat for Adam's bday in August. After him come Ike and Mallory whose birthdays are in August and November and then Monica in December. As I said, I love birthdays and turning 21 makes them even better.
Did I mention that I'm going to New York for Meg's 21st?! Hellllll yeh. Now if only I could find people willing to go to the Bahamas for mine...
my other half is no longer in Italy...GOOLIA IS HOME!!!!!!!! And I've reminded her of that every 5 minutes since her plane landed. I send her messages just because I can...and all of them just say "OMG I can text you now!" Until Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" came on the TV show I'm watching...It's our song. It was a sign.
July 4th is just two months away...hope I won't have to work. Yes, I plan this far ahead. Is it too soon to ask for it off?
Just applied to Southern since Armstrong doesn't have the major I want to change mine to...hope I get in (never thought that sentence was going to come out of my mouth)
I really want to go see Dave and Gov't Mule in ATL on July 27th and Widespread Panic in Charlotte on July 30th & 31st. Well, Gools and I already have tickets from the Dave concert but hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in some panic...it's been too long. (jonathan...dont attempt one of your smartass comments)
I want a damn dog! So for all of yall thinking to yourselves "hmm what can I get Kathryn for her birthday?!" The answer is a dog. I like border collies, australian shepherds, golden retrievers and black or chocolate labs. Please and Thank you.
One month the Sex and the City 2 comes out in theaters. I can feel the excitement (and the massive hole that series about beautiful clothes puts in my wallet) already.
I would write more but I have to leave here for work in 10 minutes...hah like thats gonna happen. Moving a little slow today. Helloooooo SUMMER :)
Uptons
13 years ago
oh hi, my birthday's in december too. thanks.
ReplyDeleteyeh but you'll be 22 which is no fun and doesnt count
ReplyDelete